Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bird's Eye View

The Wing Cloth seems to be emerging as a bird's eye view or Icarus's view as he looks down below him. I basted the tea-dyed strips onto three different dark brown fabrics for backing, but I like the contrast and will probably let the backings show. Then I hand stitched all the seams with a running stitch that shows.
I like the emphasis of the pieced seams, which gives structure. Then I began adding stitching and a few pieces of fabric prints here and there for fields
 and roads
and mountains. A pyramid? Might have to add to that to make it look like a mountain.



3 comments:

quilthexle said...

Oh this piece looks amazing ! I love your work - and this one is already very strong. Can't wait to see it finished ;-))

MulticoloredPieces said...

I'm experiencing very mixed feelings on this piece because I'm working in a way that I don't habitually do. Outside of my comfort zone, but that's a good thing. It will eventually work out!

Minka said...

Good progress here. I'm enjoying reading about how you thought this through and how you are using Jude's methods.