Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Labyrinth, 1

The lower right hand corner of the Wing Cloth was destined for the Minotaur's Labyrinth that Daedalus constructed. However, I had trouble figuring out how to do it. So I worked on the tea-dyed sides instead.  A maze of needleturn appliqué in several colors seemed feasible, but didn't really seem to fit. Then, I saw Jude Hill demonstrating her technique of weaving fabric, and using that technique to blend the edges of two overlapping pieces. Bingo.
I pulled out the basting to free the two layers 
and got out my mother's Gingher scissors that she kept in the original box.
It was like cutting butter.
However the strips seemed to wide for a bird's eye view.
And as those Gingher scissors worked so well, I cut smaller strips.
OK, the strips are the right size, but miniscule. Now for the weaving--what a mess.




No comments: