Saturday, January 5, 2013

Medallion, 1


Liking the irregularity of pieces in this medallion as I build it from the inside out.
The combination of soft blues and greens might be good for my big project of four very large pots that will (someday) sit in front of the house. I have enough tiles of blue and green, just have to buy a box of the mixed tile.

And I'm wondering how this would translate into fabric. A dark green as a base fabric....... No, no, no, I can't start another piece! A bit of discipline here, please.


Because I find the internet magical, I think it must be Santa who generously increased the Picasa web album space allowance to 5 G. Struggling to write the Mount Everest post on MulticoloredPieces and resize photos, I realized that I could finally finish off my huge project of old family photos and my mother's genealogy files in order to make all this available to family members on Picasa. The historian in me says that this is important and if I don't do it, no one will. So I am once again embroiled in the world of my ancestors and spending at least six hours a day on the computer working on old photos. However, I see the light at the end of the tunnel--I will be so glad to wrap this up, and yet, I am honored to do it.

1 comment:

Nina Marie said...

Hey did someone steal my fav palette?! I swear I love mosiacs and am going to do a series of them one these days - plus you never can go wrong with green - blue and a bit of yellow or orange right? Off the Wall is still open all weekend!