Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Bit of Sun

The temperature hit the mid-60s today with some sunshine, which inspired me to finish a plant container for my garden. I've been gluing it together for several days.

All recycled stuff: bamboo from the garden glued to a 2-liter plastic water bottle cut in half. The tie is from the seams of a flea market garment cut apart. I have a whole sack of seams.


It's not planted (despite appearances) so I'll go do it now before the weather turns cool and rainy again.

3 comments:

Julierose said...

This is so cool; I'm always looking for nice plant holders...what kind of glue did you use??? Thanks for sharing...Julierose

MulticoloredPieces said...

I get "Pattex" contact cement in Tunisia. It's a really strong, smelly glue. I keep the window open when I work with it and wear a mask, but it's effective. I use it on mosaics as well. I have no idea what the longevity of the bamboo/plastic container will be, maybe just a season or two... so be it.

Els said...

Ha Nadia love your recycling mode !
(could you send us a bit of warm sunshine, please ? It's ice cold over here ...)