Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It Leaves, 1

After sewing so many pomegranate leaves, I felt like playing with them a bit on a sketchbook page.
The fabric background glued to loose leaf drawing paper goes toward a grayed maroon. A few of the sewing lines from the original blouse show.










The leaf fabrics also tend to be grayed: several lights, a couple mediums, a couple darks.

The space through the middle is for the text.









I started drawing on the leaves first with a pencil, then I realized that I have done so many of these shapes that I really don't need the pencil, so most are drawn on directly with a marker pen.
The stitching will have to wait. The weather has turned beautiful (high 60s) and my garden calls. 
I think I'll go plant some pots.

2 comments:

arlee said...

i love how you share the stages and process

bohemiannie! art said...

Happy planting!