Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back to Wings

While the roots appliqué is pinned to the wall with the Pomegranate Tree, 
I decided to work on the Wing Cloth for my late-night stitching.
When I look at this photo (I love my working blog--it shows me so much), I realize how spectacular-looking this piece is. Maybe I can complete one side of the wings before getting back to the roots?
I would like to finish this piece and if I thought the end was near, I'd push for it. However, the other side of the wing contains a good deal of appliqué--hours and days and weeks worth. Oh, well, more stitching pleasure...

Linked to Nina Marie's "Off the Wall Friday."

8 comments:

stickyfingers said...

this is a really interesting technique you are developing.. here and in your roots - an intricate blend of weave and applique, really painstaking work, the effect it achieves is stunning

The Inside Stori said...

Yes....it is very spectacular......can't wait to see the finished piece and am def. enjoying your process photos!

Deborah OHare said...

Wonderful work that is very inspiring.

Karen S Musgrave said...

This is wonderful! I love the movement!

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

I am really enjoying watching this come together--a lot of energy in that wing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! You are right- stunning. And SO intricate!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Fascinating combination of woven strands and appliqué that let the background peek through. What I was also struck by was your excitement when stepping back and seeing the work through the eyes of your blog. The fact that you are intrigued will make those hours and hours of work fly by and add magic to the piece.

Carol A. Babineau said...

This is beautiful and blew me away!