Sunday, June 2, 2013

Stitching Roots, 6

My title "Stitching Roots,..." could go up into the hundreds. However, yesterday I made some progress while sitting in a hospital room with a family member who had undergone surgery. (Rule of thumb in Tunisia: One does not leave patients alone in a hospital because the nursing services are usually poor, which was fortunately not the case in this particular hospital). 
Well, still a ways to go before the center and the end meet.
I was thankful to have taken my stitching: hospital conversations tend toward medical subjects and can become downright geriatric. 

5 comments:

Stitching Lady said...

How right you are, Nadia, it is so good to have something in one's fingers. And I like your work very much. It is looking so rooted to earth. I am following you to see furtherl steps.

Julierose said...

You are an amazing quilter, Nadia. I cannot imagine all the hours going into that piece--will really look forward to seeing the whole quilt! Julierose

arlee said...

blown away again......

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

they seem so Liquid, these roots.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

reading a few years ago about
Riparian repair, i read the term
capillary fringe
which is is the layer of earth where there is both oxygen and water
so...i see this illustrated here
...so beautiful..