Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Really Like...

Just to record a thought in passing. 
While falling asleep with needle in hand last night, it came to me (in a sort of dreamy state) that I really liked appliquéing over the hand-stitched X's of the border of the Wing Cloth. I liked the feel of it. 

Flash of light! This could be interesting in the Retirement Quilt. I could randomly stitch those cool X's into the background before I get into the extreme needle-turn appliqué. However, being of a practical nature (well, sometimes), I don't like to do hand stitching unless it's visible. Why take all that time if you can't see it? But I really did like the feel of stitching on X's. I'll have to make sure I do it in a more visible spot or swirl the appliqué around it and not entirely over it.

And then I drifted back to sleep....


1 comment:

arlee said...

If it feels right,then it's necessary, so do it--it adds to the mystique, the subtext and the mood