Thursday, September 26, 2013

Round and Round We Go

Dear Blogging Friends,
      Thank you so much for your feed-back as you helped me to decide to keep the comments open. Please read my letter over at MulticoloredPieces

And as I find myself grappling with big issues, I am finding beauty at the same time. My next sketchbook page must address murder, the shedding of blood. Well, that requires red, a color that I like (but a pity about the subject). I started with a sheet of paper from my sketchbook and glued on a red print.














I cut into another fabric and glued it on top of the white spaces and red print. Then I stitched all that down and trimmed off the edges. I like this odd combination of fabrics and shapes.






I cut out a simple figure in white satin into which I cut holes and then glued it down. 

I am feeling sad today. This happens rarely (fortunately), so I should finish this page while I'm in the mood. Part of the text on this will read: "They knew, and did nothing." Indeed, a sad state of affairs.





3 comments:

Linda A. Miller said...

Feeling where you are in the moment is being alive... thank you for sharing it. Intriguing piece you are working on.

Julierose said...

I appreciate your opening up your deepest thoughts through your works for us to follow. Perhaps this helps to release your anger and fears....hugs, Julierose

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

AS I look outside at the sunshine and shadows on the leaves, I know that the darkness lends beauty and depth to the patterns, but sometimes that darkness, particularly when it seems to be threatening to overwhelm the light, takes all our courage to face. My thoughts are with you, as life keeps changing around us.