Monday, June 23, 2014

Pomegranate Tree Quilt: FMQ, 3

Every evening, I work through a few lines of quilting on the roots. 

I'm finishing this section because I can see what needs to be done. The rule on such a big project: a small bite at a time.
Looking at the photo, I'm reminded of how much I like to machine quilt, how much I like the effect. The lines are so interesting.

Of course, there is a problem looming ahead that I will deal with when I get there: the quilting around the roots is close, which will probably shrink the bottom a bit if I don't get just as much quilting done on the tree. I could have quilted the roots separately and then sewn them to the tree in a quilt-as-you-go technique (the intelligent solution), but I like working on the whole thing at once. The buckling is a familiar problem.

...ah, but it will all quilt out...

No comments: